|Work in progress!|
This article is currently Under Construction. Therefore, please excuse its informal appearance while it's being worked on.
We hope to have it completed as soon as possible.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
“In the premiere episode, written by series creators Brannon Braga and Adam Simon and directed by Nick Copus, John Alden (Shane West) is forced to bury his love Mary Sibley (Janet Montgomery), and her mysterious servant Tituba (Ashley Madekwe) now with the abilities of the seer, has a horrifying vision of hell on earth. She knows the only person who can stop this evil and beat the devil (Oliver Bell) – is the very witch that birthed him, his mother, Mary Sibley. Meanwhile, Isaac (Iddo Goldberg) takes it upon himself to attempt to clean up Knocker’s Hole and get revenge against Mercy (Elise Eberle), who has found her calling running the brothel. Still struggling with her new powers, Anne Hale (Tamzin Merchant) continues to imprison her husband Cotton Mather (Seth Gabel), using her familiar Brown Jenkins. With the help of Baron Sebastian Marburg (Joe Doyle) and his old ally and fallen angel, The Sentinel (Samuel Roukin), the devil is planning a massive attack and war with God that will culminate in the ultimate showdown between good and evil!” 
Episode Overview[edit | edit source]
- To Be Added!
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest Cast[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Unnamed refugees — assaulted and slaughtered by Indians and French settlers.
- Unnamed Indians — killed during a fight between militiamen, including John Alden.
- "Good Mother" Essex Elder — dismembered by the Dark Lord for disobedience.
- Unnamed Guardsman — life force stolen by The Sentinel.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Salem, Massachusetts
- Knocker's Hole
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Sebastian: "History would say the Devil was born in Salem. Their god is dead, or lost in senile slumber. But not ours. Our God, their devil, is alive. Awake. And now, finally, he’s here."
- The Devil: "Remember, dear ones, to the Reaper all flesh is grass. Even witch flesh. A great terror will soon fall upon Salem, and there is not a soul alive upon this dull earth who can stop me."
- Petrus: "You and Mary Sibley gave the Devil the Earth. Now you and Mary Sibley have got to take it back."
- Essex Elder: "Raise the dead and you'll never know what you raise."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Behind the Scenes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The words "Ancient Witch #" has been used so far in the show to indicate the Essex Witches (Elders, Widdershins etc) in the end credits of the episodes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During Salem Season Three Panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2015 it has been given to understand that witches come from other places and cities to worship the Devil or ensure that the Grand Rite has actually been accomplished.
International Titles[edit | edit source]
- French: Après la chute (After the Fall)
- German: Wiederauferstehung (Resurrection)
- Italian: Il Risveglio (The Awakening)
References[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]