This article contains plot details.
In the wake of the Grand Rite, merely the first phase of the Hive’s dark undertaking, a horrendous plague sweeps through Salem. Tensions escalate between Tituba and Mary, who tries to enjoy what limited time she is allowed to spend with her young, recently returned son. Mary confronts Mercy Lewis in a bid to strike a bargain with the upstart Witch, but Mercy already has diabolical plans of her own in play. As Anne Hale begins to comprehend the nature of her own true power, she is extended an offer that may provide her some clarity and relief. Meanwhile, as Mary attempts to exert her mortal influence over the citizenry of Salem, she makes the acquaintance of an intriguing true man of science, Dr. Samuel Wainwright, who may threaten her cause. Back in Boston, a haunted Cotton Mather must answer for his failure in Salem; and Mary learns John Alden’s fate.... or so she thinks.
To be Added
- Salem, Massachusetts
- Boston, Massachusetts
- The Harbor
- The House of the Seven Gables
- The Salem's Church
- Mercy Lewis: "I am the Queen of the Night!!"
- Little Girl: "Don't go in there."
- Man with torch: "What's in there? (Screams)"
- Little Girl: "Death..."
Behind the Scenes
- This show featured a graphic act of a suicide attempt with a knife by Anne Hale, played by actress Tamzin Merchant. It is one of the few instances where an actual suicide attempt has been shown on live television.
- The title is a quote from William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar - "Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war".
- French: Pas de quartier (Show no mercy, lit. "No neighbourhood")
- German: Der Hexenkrieg beginnt (The witch war begins)
- Italian: Allarme (Warning)