The Countess Marburg arrives in Salem bearing gifts for the citizenry and advice for Mary. As she plans her next move, her son Sebastian remains preoccupied by less puritanical matters. While Anne Hale reflects both guiltily and gleefully on her recent activities, Cotton Mather – fueled by magic, alcohol, or perhaps by true emotion – comes to blows with another of Salem’s powerful leaders. The ensuing battle leads to an outcome that might either help or hinder Mary’s plans. John Alden pursues his deadly mission and – finding himself seriously weakened by his recent and repeated uses of unfamiliar magic – seeks respite in a familiar place… with surprising results. Meanwhile, Cotton makes a measured confession, two of Salem’s most damaged residents continue to find solace in each other, Mercy encounters a potential new ally, and Mary seeks out help from an unexpected source.
To be Added
- George Sibley — Magically drowned for the second time due to Mary and Tituba being unable to bring him back from the Precipice of Death.
- Dollie Trask — Bleed to death by Countess and Mercy during Mercy's first blood bath.
- Salem, Massachusetts
- The House of the Seven Gables
- Marburg's ship
- Lewis House
- Salem Inn
- Hale's Cottage
- Petrus' Hut
- Mary Sibley: "When two dogs fight, it isn't always the biggest or most experienced who triumphs, but the hungriest."
- Countess Von Marburg: "Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who's the most betrayed by all?"
- Cotton Mather: "All my waking hours and all my dreaming nights are haunted by one face."
- Sebastian Von Marburg: " It is not the beginning of love that matters it's love's end."
Mary Sibley: "You don't know me!"
- John Alden: "I know what I have to do."
Behind the Scenes
- I'll Met by Moonlight is a quote from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream (Act 2, Scene 1, Line 60), pronounced by Oberon, King of the Faeries, to his bride, Titania.
- French: Traître clair de lune (Moonlight's Traitor)
- German: Ein Wunsch im Mondlicht (A Wish in the Moonlight)
- Italian: Come Si Accende Un Amore (How to Ignite Love)