With her mission seemingly accomplished, the Countess Marburg revels in the apparent completion of her plans, unaware that the object of her devotion has desires which may be in direct conflict to hers. And one of her most trusted allies grows increasingly weary of the Countess’s treatment, leading to an unexpected act of defiance. Emotionally drained by recent events, an all-but-defeated Mary stages a last-ditch effort against the Countess. Meanwhile, John is visited by a pair of unexpected allies who deliver a fateful message; Mercy comes to learn a stark reality, leaving her to face an uncertain future; an unrepentant and increasingly powerful Anne faces the personal consequences of her duplicitous actions, leading her down an even darker path; and when Cotton learns an unwelcome truth, his reaction is initially mixed, until a startling confession strengthens his resolve… but it may already be too late.
- Janet Montgomery as Mary Sibley
- Shane West as John Alden
- Ashley Madekwe as Tituba
- Seth Gabel as Cotton Mather
- Tamzin Merchant as Anne Hale
- Elise Eberle as Mercy Lewis
- Iddo Goldberg as Isaac Walton
- Oliver Bell as The Devil
- Joe Doyle as Sebastian Von Marburg
- Lucy Lawless as Countess Von Marburg
- Sammi Hanratty as Dollie Trask
- Raoul Trujillo as Shaman
- Cara Santana as Sooleawa
- Emma Wynn as Urchin
- Countess Von Marburg — stabbed repeatedly in the chest by The Devil.
- John Alden — died for the infected wound inflicted by Sebastian Von Marburg. Shortly after, he was resurrected by Mary.
- Mary Sibley — give up her last amount of blood to resurrect her lover, John.
- Tituba — mauled by a flock of crows sent by the Dark Lord. Her fate is, however, unknown.
- Salem, Massachusetts
- The House of the Seven Gables
- Salem Church
- Salem Woods
- Hale's Cottage
To be Added
Behind the Scenes
- Due to low rating, this was going to be the series finale. After a year, WGN America decided to give the show a limited third and last season.
- This episode marks the death of Mary Sibley, the lead character of the show.
- By the end of the episode, the fate of Tituba is unclear.
- This episode features the most recent death of one of Countess Von Marburg's incarnations.
- Witching Hour is a common way to refer to midnight in various contexts related to witchcraft.
- The Witching Hour is also the first novel in the Lives of the Mayfair Witches series, by Anne Rice.
- French: L'Heure des Sorcières (The Witches' Hour)
- German: Hexenstunde (Witching Hour)
- Italian: L'ora delle Streghe (The Witches' Hour)